Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Generic User Avatar

Switching Computers With Someone

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DES1212

DES1212

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted Yesterday, 09:39 PM

Hi,

I need to switch computers with someone...so I need my files and programs and bookmarks, etc., on their computer, and theirs on mine.

How to tackle this?

Thanks.

P.S. The computers are the same brand, btw...

HP All In One with windows 10

Processor AMD A9-9425 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G      3.10 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB

Edited by DES1212, Yesterday, 09:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 achzone

achzone

• Members
  • 2,970 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted Today, 02:33 AM

1. Download and install the "Reflect 8 Home - 30 Day Trial" on both computers from the following link.

https://www.macrium.com/reflect8trial

Note: The free version will work too, but it does not have the restore to dissimilar hardware feature that 'could' be needed if any problems were to result.

2. Using the Reflect 8 trial, create a Full Image of both computers to an external USB storage drive.

3. Restore the desired image to whichever computer is desired.

Done.

Hope that helps.

Regards, Andrew

Edited by achzone, Today, 02:34 AM.

MonitorMouse.png   Andrew Leniart - Follow Me on:  LinkedIn / Twitter / Facebook 

IT Professional / Certified Editor / Freelance Journalist   <  >  Helping others, to help themselves...

A full listing of my most read Self-Help technical Articles & Tutorials can be found at this link. Free - No Ads or other Nags!

Do you consider the Linux OS to only be for advanced computer users? Not so. Give Puppy Linux a try in an Oracle VM without affecting your Windows installation. A step-by-step tutorial available here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page was generated in 0.051174879074097