Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Generic User Avatar

Monitor, keyboard, mouse etc isn’t working even though the pc is working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BaconStudios

BaconStudios

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 05:55 PM

So about an hour ago I switched my ram without a problem everything booted up as normal then I went to my bios and changed the xmp profile from disabled to profile 1 then I did save and exit then a windows diagnostic came up and I just hit shutdown and now my 3 monitors and everyone connected to my computer (apart from my fans, and everything inside of the actual computer) isnt working when I reboot my pc it turns on but none of the things on my desk work, I tried re installing the ram tried the old ram but nothing works can someone please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• BC Advisor
  • 3,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted Yesterday, 06:30 PM

It would be helpful to have your full computer specs, including the specs of the memory you're replacing, and the new memory.

First thing I would try is a BIOS reset.   Power off your PC fully (turn off PSU or unplug from wall).   Reset the CMOS - using the CLR_CMOS jumper or button.  Alternatively remove the CMOS battery (while the PC is unplugged) for a few minutes and then refit.  At the same time, ensure your RAM modules are correctly seated, and that it's firmly pressed into the slots on both sides.  Use the same slots that it was installed in originally before you made any changes.

Posted Image

#3 BaconStudios

BaconStudios
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 07:12 PM

My pc specs are
Gtx 960 4gb
i5 10400f
Original ram: Corsair vengeance 2x8gb 3000 mhz
New ram: same but 3200 mhz
Gigabyte h470m

#4 BaconStudios

BaconStudios
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 07:13 PM

It would be helpful to have your full computer specs, including the specs of the memory you're replacing, and the new memory.

First thing I would try is a BIOS reset.   Power off your PC fully (turn off PSU or unplug from wall).   Reset the CMOS - using the CLR_CMOS jumper or button.  Alternatively remove the CMOS battery (while the PC is unplugged) for a few minutes and then refit.  At the same time, ensure your RAM modules are correctly seated, and that it's firmly pressed into the slots on both sides.  Use the same slots that it was installed in originally before you made any changes.

#5 BaconStudios

BaconStudios
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 08:13 PM

Thank you so much, it was the CMOS, i replaced it and it worked.

#6 Pkshadow

Pkshadow

• BC Advisor
  • 3,877 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted Yesterday, 08:36 PM

Hi, Suggest also to make sure all your Drivers and BIOS are up to date from your Support Page : https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H470M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Note : Your system can go to Win11 at anytime but need last Bios Update from 2021/10/05  F22a and new chipset drivers+ for 11

"If you think that you are not big enough to be effective you have not been to bed with a mosquito"
The Dalai Lama —

History : https://www.versionmuseum.com/history-of/netscape-browser

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

wee-eddie

Page was generated in 0.053483009338379